Field Trips & Group Outings
Packages For Groups of All Ages
From Pre-K to Grown-Ups, we’re sure your visit to Woods Tree Farm will be one to remember.
Standard outings include:
- Availability from 8am-4pm weekdays. Limited weekends available for scouts, church groups and other civic organizations.
- 20-30 minute farm tour
- Self-guided walking trails
- Use of the play field with swings, tractor tire mountain and outdoor games
Options (for additional fee) include:
- bonfire w/ s’mores, cider or hot chocolate
- craft or activity such as paint-a-flower pot, pine cone bird feeder, leaf rubbings, nature scavenger hunt, make a tree ornament, or bubble blowing station
Youth Field Trips
For school trips and other youth group outings, we’re able to fulfill educational requirements with the seasonal opportunities on the farm.
During our farm tour, we can discuss changing seasons, animal habitats, plant reproductive systems, weather and erosion, or plant types (e.g. perennial vs. annual or decidious vs. coniferous). Just let us know what your needs are and we’ll provide a customized visit to your group’s needs.
With over 43 acres to explore including mature forest, open meadow, creeks, and the 1 acre pond, we have a unique opportunity to explore vastly different habitats in a relatively small area.
Teens and Adult Outings
For older groups, Woods Tree Farm is a great place to “unplug”. Cell reception out here isn’t great, and that can be a good thing.
In addition to a farm tour and environmental education, we have experience running group problem-solving and team building activities.
You’re also welcome to bring your own activities. Just let us know how can help you make the most of your visit.
Cost and Reservations
To make a reservation, simply contact us with your group size, options you’d like to include for your outing, and the requested date.
Standard outing cost: $5 per attendee. Youth/school groups get 1 free adult per 10 attendees. Minimum of $100 for 90 minute visit.
- Hayride: $2 per person
- Bonfire: $75
- S’mores: $4 per person
- Cider or hot chocolate: $3 per person
- Cooler of iced drinks: $2-3 per person
- Optional crafts/activities $1-$5 per person. Inquire for more details
- Add’l time: $50 per 30 minutes
Other things you need to know:
- This is a farm. Wear footwear appropriate for a rugged environment
- Depending on the weather, consider bringing sunscreen and insect repellent.