Photography at Woods Tree Farm
**UPDATE Sept 20, 2022**
Online scheduling is now available, and we’re accepting photography reservations through November 20, 2022 so you can book your Fall and Christmas sessions. No photo sessions will be accepted after Nov 20 as we prep for the busy Christmas tree selling season.
We welcome professional photographers at Woods Tree Farm by appointment.
Availability & Booking
Photography sessions are generally scheduled on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – and these are the only days that will show as available on the online calendar. We can sometimes accommodate bookings on other days but require a 2 hour minimum. Just reach out to us and let us know what you’re wanting to do and we’ll do our best to meet your needs.
The standard booking fee is $40/hour up to 4 hours and you may take photos anywhere on the property.
Bookings with our old red truck, Jingles, is $40/half hour.
Payment is due at the time of booking. Your reservation is not booked until payment is submitted.
Refunds and Cancellations
Refunds are given with cancellation at least 48 hours out from a session. We’ll work with you to reschedule a cancellation requested within 48 hours of a session.
What You Can Expect
We don’t want photographers ‘competing’ for the best shot or locations, so we always limit the number of photographers on the property at any given time.
With over 12 acres available to explore, there’s plenty of space to spread out. In addition to our seasonal offerings such as sunflowers, and buckwheat fields, there are several popular perennial photo spots including the pond road that looks like a lengthy tree tunnel, wooden foot bridge, natural fields with tall grasses and wildflowers, and a 1 acre pond.
image credit: Parasol Pictures
- Wildflowers: Mid-May thru July
- 2022 Sunflowers: Starting Mid-July
- Sunflowers & Cut Flowers: Mid-August Thru September
- Buckwheat fields: seasonally available. Inquire for details
- Fall Colors: Late September Thru Early November
- Christmas trees: any time
Important Information & Terms
- Please be courteous and polite to all visitors, customers, staff, and the land
- Wear clothing appropriate for a rugged farm environment, including closed-toe shoes
- Fake snow is not allowed as it makes a mess and does not disintegrate
- Be aware of insects, thorns, uneven ground, mud and other natural threats
- Use care and caution around trees and landscaping
- If any fixed or temporary objects are moved or damaged during a session, the photographer is responsible for replacement and/or payment
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in Christmas tree fields under any circumstances
- All props, furniture, etc. must be carried to your photoshoot location. We recommend bringing a wagon to transport props and other items. We can help if asked in advance with props. Please remove all props before your departure.
- Make sure your clients have the information they need to find the farm ahead of time. Cell phone service is not great and you may not get their call. We advise meeting your clients in the parking area.
- No professional Santa characters may be on site while Woods Tree Farm is open to the general public
- No smoking on the property
- Dogs are permitted and must remain on leash at all times. Please pick up after your pets. Several trash cans are conveniently located around the property
- If photos are posted online or on social media sites, Woods Tree Farm requests a mention or tag our location.
- Facebook – @WoodsTreeFarmVA, Instagram – @WoodsTreeFarm, YouTube – @WoodsTreeFarm
- Photographer and photographer’s clients will hold harmless Woods Tree Farm from any injuries or damages sustained during their time on the property.