Photography at Woods Tree Farm
We welcome photographers at Woods Tree Farm by appointment.
For appointments please contact Woods Tree Farm for a reservation and details. We will contact you to confirm your request.
About Venue Availability
Our farm is open for seasonal events including wildflowers in the spring, sunflowers in the summer, and Christmas trees starting the day after Thanksgiving. We do not allow photographers on the property when the farm is open to the public. Woods Tree Farm reserves the right to prohibit business disruptions to daily operations due to photography sessions or other activities.
- Wildflowers: Mid-May thru July
- Sunflowers & Cut Flowers: Mid-August Thru September
- (new for 2021) Buckwheat field: Starting Mid-August
- Fall Colors: Late September Thru Early November
- Christmas trees: any time(our field of trees is young, everything is under 4ft tall)
$30 per hour with no minimum hours. Photographers can have multiple clients during reserved time.
Full day use will be $140 – from 9am until Dusk
Payment is due within 48 hours of the session. A weblink will be sent for payment.
We accept cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover.
Photographers will need to sign the photography agreement that we provide upon arrival or before the session.
Woods Tree Farm Provides
15+ acres of scenic views with 1 acre pond
Access to Christmas tree field
Available for your use:
- Playhouse area with open field and a cozy coupe
- Benches with views around the farm
- Picnic tables
- Hiking trail
- Old blue tractor and hay wagon
- Porta John
- Ample parking space for you and your clients
Important Information & Terms
- Please be courteous and polite to all visitors, customers, staff, and the land
- Wear clothing appropriate for a rugged farm environment, including closed-toe shoes
- Fake snow is not allowed as it makes a mess and does not disintegrate
- Be aware of insects, thorns, uneven ground, mud and other natural threats
- Use care and caution around trees and landscaping
- No public area may be closed or blocked to customers during regular business hours for your photo shoot
- If any fixed or temporary objects are moved or damaged during a session, the photographer is responsible for replacement and/or payment
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in Christmas tree fields under any circumstances
- All props, furniture, etc. must be carried to your photoshoot location. We recommend bringing a wagon to transport props and other items. We can help if asked in advance with props. Please remove all props before your departure.
- Make sure your clients have the information they need to find the farm ahead of time. Cell phone service is not great and you may not get their call. We advise meeting your clients in the parking area.
- No professional Santa characters may be on site while Woods Tree Farm is open to the general public
- No smoking on the property
- Dogs are permitted only when the farm is not open to the public and must remain on leash at all times. Please pick up after your pets. Several trash cans are conveniently located around the property
- If photos are posted online or on social media sites, Woods Tree Farm requests a mention and share with all social media sites for Woods Tree Farm.
- Facebook – @WoodsTreeFarmVA, Instagram – @WoodsTreeFarm, YouTube – @WoodsTreeFarm
- Photographer and photographer’s clients will hold harmless Woods Tree Farm any injuries sustained during photography sessions and are not responsible for injury for any poses or requests by photographers during sessions.