Photography at Woods Tree Farm
If you’ve been to our farm before, be sure to check out all the updates below for 2023.
Availability & Booking
We’re now offering photographer day passes for the days we’re open to the public.
Our events planned this year include:
– Sunflower Festival in July and Wildflower Festival in September
Day passes are $60 per day, but your clients/guests will also need to pay event admission, if applicable.
Schedule an off-hours photography session when we’re not open to the public. Off hours sessions can happen anytime and can use any part of the property. Please inquire if you’re looking for a certain setting
The non-refundable fee is $50 per hour. Off hours sessions must be scheduled and paid through our website. In the event of inclement weather or client cancellations, we’ll work with you to reschedule at a convenient time.
image credit: Parasol Pictures
- 2023 Sunflowers: session 1: est: Jun 23-July 9… session 2: late Aug thru Sept
- Buckwheat fields: seasonally available. Inquire for details
- Fall Colors: Late September Thru Early November
- Christmas trees: any time
Important Information & Terms
- Please be courteous and polite to all visitors, customers, staff, and the land
- Wear clothing appropriate for a rugged farm environment, including closed-toe shoes
- Fake snow is not allowed as it makes a mess and does not disintegrate
- Be aware of insects, thorns, uneven ground, mud and other natural threats
- Use care and caution around trees and landscaping
- If any fixed or temporary objects are moved or damaged during a session, the photographer is responsible for replacement and/or payment
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in Christmas tree fields under any circumstances
- All props, furniture, etc. must be carried to your photoshoot location. We recommend bringing a wagon to transport props and other items. We can help if asked in advance with props. Please remove all props before your departure.
- Make sure your clients have the information they need to find the farm ahead of time. Cell phone service is not great and you may not get their call. We advise meeting your clients in the parking area.
- No professional Santa characters may be on site while Woods Tree Farm is open to the general public
- No smoking on the property
- Dogs are permitted and must remain on leash at all times. Please pick up after your pets. Several trash cans are conveniently located around the property
- If photos are posted online or on social media sites, Woods Tree Farm requests a mention or tag our location.
- Facebook – @WoodsTreeFarmVA, Instagram – @WoodsTreeFarm, YouTube – @WoodsTreeFarm
- Photographer and photographer’s clients will hold harmless Woods Tree Farm from any injuries or damages sustained during their time on the property.