PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS BEFORE COMING TO OUR FARM. **PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE NOT PERMITTED DURING OUR PUBLIC HOURS. IF YOU’RE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER, PLEASE CONTACT US ABOUT SCHEDULING YOUR SESSION**
In opening our farm for sunflower picking, we’ll have a safe, socially-distanced, family friendly event in the great outdoors.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Masks are required in your possession to enter the property and will be required to be worn wherever social distancing is not possible. This may include in the flower patch, during checkout, and when interacting with staff.
- Scissors or garden shears
- Cash (due to challenges with lack of power, internet and cell signal, we cannot accept any card payments)
- Consider bringing a bucket and fresh water for the drive home. Sunflowers will start to wilt almost immediately after cutting but will usually perk back up in water and should last 4-7 days
Date & Time: (if there is inclement weather, we’ll post updates on our Facebook page)
- Saturday August 1: 9am-12pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sunday August 2: CLOSED, waiting on more blooms!
- Other dates TBD based on remaining blooms
Cost: (CASH ONLY)
- Free admission
- U-pick sunflowers $2 per stem (some stems have multiple blooms)
- Zinnias: $1 for 2 blooms
- Wildflowers: Pay what you think is fair. Donations gladly accepted.
Bottled water and other merchandise will also be available for sale.
What To Expect:
- With 43 acres, there’s plenty of open space to spread out.
- You’re welcome to explore the property, including our trails, sit and relax, or have a picnic.
- There are several hundred yards of paths cut through the pasture to find wildflowers
Other Details & Reminders:
- Our property is a working farm, not a public park. Nothing is paved. The ground is uneven. Everything is dirty. Wear appropriate attire, including closed-toed shoes (seriously, don’t wear sandals)
- The sunflower field is about 0.25 mile walk from the parking area
- Well behaved pets are permitted on the property, but please stay out of the flower patch. Pets tend to knock down the flowers. Pets must remain on-leash at all times & you’re expected to pick up after your pet.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the property.
- You may want to consider bringing sunscreen and insect repellent
- A portable toilet and hand washing station are available on the property
Sunflowers – August 1-2 (other dates may be available based on the availability of blooms).
Fall Fest – Either the first or second weekend of Oct. Stay tuned!
Christmas Season – Open weekends after Thanksgiving. 2020 specifics TBD.
Spring Fest – April 24-25, 2021
Wildflowers – 2021 Dates TBD
CONNECT WITH US FOR FARM UPDATES
Subscribe to our channel on YouTube